1 discussion and assignment
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
DISCUSSION 1: Social Policy – Please respond to the following:
- Research the current debates from the past 6 months about Social Security and Medicare. Identify one issue in the Social Security or Medicare debate and discuss two changes that would help address the issue you have identified.
- Assignment 2: It May Not Work in PoliticDue Week 10 and worth 225 points
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which the student addresses the following three (3) items using headers to separate each response:
- Congressional Ethics: Identify one (1) member of Congress who has been charged with ethics violations in the past 2 years (include the date). Briefly discuss the reason for the charges and provide two (2) reasons why you agree or disagree with the verdict and any penalties. Provide examples to support your answer. Consider how the verdict and penalties impacts your trust of the members of Congress.
- Third Party Candidates: Discuss two (2) political reasons why a third party candidate has never been successful in winning a presidential election. Provide examples to support the answer. Consider the political impact of the Republican and Democratic Party if a third party was successful.
- Federal and State Authority: Identify one (1) current issue facing the United States today (from the past 6 months). Analyze the respective roles of federal and state authorities in addressing the issue. Determine whether the U.S. Constitution constrains the federal and state responses to the issue. Explain.
In your research, you cannot use Wikipedia, online dictionaries, Sparknotes, Cliffnotes, or any other website that does not qualify as an academic resource.Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are to:
- Identify informed opinions on issues and questions involving the U.S. government, national political processes, policy making, and the notion of democracy.
- Employ terminology used to study political science and American government.
- Develop reasoned written and spoken presentations on issues and questions involving the U.S. government and national political processes using information in the course.
- Describe the basic values of American political culture.
- Explain how the federal system of government works.
- Explore different perspectives on issues and questions about the U.S. government and national political processes.
- Describe the importance of an informed, effective citizenship for the national government and political processes.
- Use concepts from our study of U.S. national government and politics (such as models of democracy) to discuss government and politics in state, local, and international contexts.
- Examine the evolution of presidential power in military affairs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the field of U.S. government and politics.
- Write clearly and concisely about U.S. government and politics using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.