Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Watch the Movie “A Few Good Men”. (138 minutes)
Answer the following questions.
- The prosecutor, Captain Jack Ross (Kevin Bacon), initially offered a plea bargain deal. Why? What were some of the political tensions influencing the offer?
- Is this an example of substantive or procedural law? Explain.
Lieutenant Kaffee (Tom Cruise) asks how to get counsel reassigned:
Kaffee: “I want to get him a new lawyer. How do I do it?
Weinberg: “Make a motion and request new counsel.”
3. “It doesn’t matter what I know it only matters what I can prove.” What is needed to demonstrate a crime has been committed, to prove “corpus delicti”?
4. Military tribunals have jurisdiction over members of the armed forces. What kind of jurisdiction is that?
5. What defense strategy are Lieutenant Kaffee (Tom Cruise) and Lieutenant Commander Galloway (Demi Moore) planning? What type of defense is it?
6. “It’s the difference between paper law and trial law.” What does this mean?
7. The strategy and direction of the case were readjusted throughout the trial. What were some of the influences that caused these adjustments?
8. Match the following court actors:
_____ Lt. Daniel Kaffee/Lt. Cdr. JoAnne Galloway/Lt. Sam Weinberg
(Tom Cruise/Demi Moore/Kevin Pollack)
_____ Col. Nathan Jessep (Jack Nicholson)
_____ Honorable Julius Randolph (J.A. Preston)
_____ Capt. Jack Ross (Kevin Bacon)
_____ Cpl. Jeffrey Barnes (Noah Wyle)
b) Prosecuting Attorney(s)
d) Defense Attorney(s)
9. Does Lt. Cdr. Galloway (Demi Moore) a proponent of the crime control model or the due process model of criminal justice?
10. From the textbook: Which specialized federal court is applicable to military justice? Please name the court, authority, level and jurisdiction