WK8HTM280 The Front Desk
In a hotel, the front desk is considered the heart of hotel operations. Generally, all hotel guests have some form of contact with the front desk whether they are booking a room, checking in or out, calling on the phone, registering complaints, and requesting information. An effective and efficiently operated front desk is very important to the financial success of a hotel.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
For this assignment, you are going to conduct a research study on front desk operations and its impact on the financial success of the hotel
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief history of how front desk operations have evolved over the last 25 years, including how tasks have changed, evolved, or disappeared.
Provide a step-by-step approach for front desk agents in taking a hotel room reservation for a guest.
- For each step, describe the actions required, necessary information collected, and the purpose of collecting this information.
- Document a hypothetical script for a front desk agent to follow when taking a hotel room reservation for a guest (either over the phone or in-person).
- Discuss how technology has changed guest service and reservations for all hotel guests, and how a lack of guest knowledge of technological changes can impact hotel operations and customer satisfaction.
- Determine what roles the front desk plays in the safety of their guests and the procedures the front desk should follow in order to protect the hotel guests.
- Determine the financial impact of front desk agents not effectively managing the billing and guest folio process in a hotel.
- Provide two detailed examples of mismanagement of the billing and guest folio processes, and the impact on hotel finances.
- Use at least three references from the internet