Week 8 Discussion: Interdisciplinary Works1313 unread replies.1313 replies.
Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 15
- Minimum of 1 primary source (from artist)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post InstructionsFor the initial post, select and address one of the following options:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Option 1: Choose a work to discuss from one genre that interprets a work from another genre.
- Include the title, artist, and description of both works.
- Examine how the artist of the second work captured the subject or story of the first.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the second artist that discusses the influence, reasoning, or interpretation of the original work on the second work.
Click on the following link for examples:
Option 2: Choose a work that is interdisciplinary (incorporates two or more disciplines), such as Hamilton from our lesson this week.
- Include the title and artist(s).
- Examine the genres that are intermingled to create the work.
- How effective is the blending of genres in the work?
- Why do you think the artist used different disciplines in the work?
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the artist and one from a critic.
Option 3: Choose a work of art from any genre that depicts or tells the story of a real life event from any time period, such as The Consecration of the Emperor Napoleon and the Coronation of Empress Joséphine on December 2, 1804 by Jacques Louis David.
- Include the title and the artist and some background of the event.
- What is the relationship between the work of art and the event?
- Did the artist depict the event accurately?
- Does the artist make changes regarding the event? If so, why do you think the artist made these changes?
- Examine the artist’s message in the depiction.
- Support your point(s) with a statement from the artist.
Follow-Up Post InstructionsRespond to at least one peer. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (assigned readings/online lessons and an outside source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references