Week 7 Assignment: Controversial Art and Censorship Required Resources Read/review the following resources for this activity: Textbook: Chapter 14LessonMinimum of 1 primary sources (artist statement)M
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Week 7 Assignment: Controversial Art and Censorship
Required ResourcesRead/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 14
- Minimum of 1 primary sources (artist statement)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook – from critic)
InstructionsAlthough social justice art is not a topic exclusive to the 20th and 21st centuries, the distribution of information regarding controversial art with gender, race, sexual, and/or environmental themes has increased with the proliferation of media. Choose an example of a social justice work of art from the 20th or 21st centuries from any discipline of the humanities (music, literature, sculpture, film, television, etc.). Then, address the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Identify the work and the medium.
- Based on your example, to what extent does this work of art make a social contribution?
- What aesthetic value does the work have? How does it reflect the human condition? How does it relate to your life?
- Has this work ever been censored? If so, explain the circumstances.
- Are governments ever justified in censoring art? Why or why not?
- Examine some of the influences of this work of art. What was the public reaction to this work? Does it effectively portray its message?
- Argue whether or not this work should be considered art. Explain why using terms learned in this course.
- Include an accompanying statement from the artist(s) and a statement from a critic to support your points.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source and 1 primary source)