Week 4 DiscussionShared Practice: Detail and Dynamic Complexity Are you overwhelmed by complexity? If so, you are not alone. Senge notes that people are now able to “create far more information that a
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Week 4 Discussion
Shared Practice: Detail and Dynamic Complexity
Are you overwhelmed by complexity? If so, you are not alone. Senge notes that people are now able to “create far more information that anyone can absorb,” and he continues to say that the “scale of complexity is without precedent” (2006, p. 69). This “detail” complexity can make managing a business and making informed decisions particularly difficult.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
As you review Senge’s Chapter 5, “A Shift of Mind,” consider his descriptions of detail complexity and dynamic complexity. Because organizations do not operate in a vacuum, they are invariably dealing with dynamic complexity. A company that attracts new customers with an innovative product will likely find itself facing many competitors with a similar offering. The market changes as a result of the new product, and the competitive response further changes the market. These shifting dynamics constitute the world in which most managers operate.
Consider organizations where you have worked or with which you are familiar. The organization could be a business, non-profit, or a government agency. Think about examples of detail complexity and dynamic complexity at these organizations.
By Day 3
your Shared Practice that includes the following:
- A comparison of detail complexity to dynamic complexity from a systems thinking viewpoint
- Two or more examples from organizations with which you are familiar that illustrate important elements of complexity within the system and that explains the negative impacts of such complexity
By Day 5
Read through your colleagues’ posts and by
, respond to two or more of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Provide a different or expanded perspective by offering an insight that you gained by reading your colleague’s conclusions.
- Ask a question that will help your colleague think about his or her comparisons and conclusions more deeply or broadly. Make sure you provide context and/or references based from the class readings, your own investigation, or your experience.
- Provide an example that further illuminates complexity in organizations and compare it to what your colleague presented.
- Offer other lessons you learned and suggest ways your colleague could manage complexity.