Watch a movie or 2–3 episodes of a TV show, web serial, or vlog released within the past year that features an adolescent character or content creator.
- Font: Times New Roman, no larger than 12 point font.
- Length: 2–3 pages in addition to a reference page.
- Resources: Include at least three resources cited in your paper and listed on your reference page.
- Analyze the movie, TV show, or other content, creating a case study that moves beyond simply summarizing the issues presented by an adolescent character and instead applies developmental theories to explain psychosocial problems.
- Organize your assignment with paragraphs that include a thesis statement and supporting details as well as transitional sentences. See the Writing CenterLinks to an external site. for additional support.
Write a one paragraph introduction, including:
- The name of the media element, providing a general description of the plot, setting, and basic context of the movie, TV show, or content.
- The name of the character.
- The developmental/mental health issue.
Provide a brief description of the character, which includes, in 2–4 paragraphs:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Physical development as related to adolescence.
- Cognitive development as related to adolescence.
- Social and family relationships as related to adolescence.
- At least one example of cited evidence from the textbook for each aspect of development discussed.
- Identify one potential developmental or mental health issue for the character you selected (1–2 paragraphs).
- Apply one social theory to the developmental or mental health issue you identified (1–2 paragraphs).
- Apply one developmental theory (as listed in the text) to the developmental or mental health issue you identified (1–2 paragraphs).
- Share the findings from one peer-reviewed source related to the developmental or mental health issues you identified (1–2 paragraphs).
- Write a conclusion that includes a brief summary of the developmental or mental health issue as displayed in the show (1 paragraph).