Urban Slide presentation
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
(Adapted from Spector’s Ethnocultural Community Assessment.)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Leana Wen makes a compelling argument for the challenges we need to consider and address when working in a community (urban or rural). Spector identifies the value and importance of seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling and feeling a community in order to improve your ability to engage and embrace world different from your own worldview.
With this project you will be expected to create and present a video or slide show of a community ( BROOKLYN PARK, MINESOTA) of your choice to your peers. Include information that defines a community like art, food, and culture. Do not collect or present protected information as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
To do this:
- Select a local community you would like to explore (this can be the result of an interaction with a patient, an area nearby that you have been curious about or even the community you live or work in but perhaps know little about).
- Research the total population of city/town/county.
- Research the demographics of your target community include race, ages, education, occupations, income, nations of origin, etc.
- Once you have completed the background data do a walking tour of the community. Look at types of housing, stores, businesses markets, transportation, pharmacies, restaurants, services available, traffic, etc. Sample local food and interview members of this community using the questions listed in Appendix B (page 280) in Spector’s book.
- Select at least one interview style (based on Culturally Competent Nursing Care course 2) you might consider using when interviewing a patient from this community. The interview is to include information about the community. Do not collect information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
- Prepare a video/slide show including pictures/video of your community. Include:
- Why you selected this community
- the background information you researched
- the interview mnemonic you selected and why and
- a synopsis of what you learned and how you will use this moving forward.
Of note: the purpose of this project is to expand your awareness of the diverse world you live in and identify needs of those you serve in a personal way.