The purpose of this discussion is to explore the impact of HIPAA regulations on the billing process.
Follow the three-step plan
Complete your Initial Post by Wednesday at 11:59pm EST.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1. Read: Discussion Background
As a medical professional it is likely you will be responsible for submitting claims to insurance carriers for services provided to patients. According to HIPAA, Transaction and Code Sets Standard rules are important to consider when transmitting an electronic claim form.
2. Initial Post: Create a new thread and answer all three parts of the initial prompt below
- Explain the HIPAA Transaction and Code Sets Standard rules.
- Explain why it is important to know the differences between the code sets when submitting electronic claims.
- Describe one factor, per HIPAA regulations, that you should consider when transmitting health insurance claims electronically.