Summative Assessment Practices
According to Miller, Linn, & Gronlund (2013), summative assessment is an assessment to evaluate achievement at the end of instruction. Summative assessments are given after instruction. However, according to Nitko & Brookhart (2011), summative assessments can also provide formative information. To some degree, all assessments are given to provide information to make a decision. When a grade or evaluation of the quality of the performance is provided, the assessment will be predominately summative in nature.
To complete this Assignment, you will design a performance assessment that you have used or could use in your classroom and do the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Include an explanation of the purpose and importance of summative assessments.
Write an explanatory analysis of the summative performance assessment that you have used or could use.
- Describe the learning targets (objectives) for the lesson.
- Explain why you chose to use a particular type of performance assessment.
- Create a scoring rubric to grade your performance assessment.
- Explain what that performance assessment should tell you about your students’ skill or understanding.
- Explain how you would use your performance assessment as a formative assessment.