Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Before completing this discussion, be sure to review Chapter 13 (Attached) in your text, the “Suicide Prevention” article (http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/suicide/) and the Final Chapter video (http://searchcenter.intelecomonline.net/playClipDirect.aspx?id=4870EEC7664070BB740F39CD8A6B6031B1937AB20CFA00CD7DBD80A117882C7BA3EF7DFD3334F2F80D1E32A24783174E). After examining the research in human development presented in your required resources, complete the following discussion:
The number of deaths officially designated as suicide among young adults (15-24 years of age) has increased considerably (see the “Suicide Prevention” article). Interpret the available statistics and describe the influences of family, culture, and environment as it pertains to the data. Be sure to distinguish between suicide attempts and deaths attributed to suicide, and to report gender differences. Your initial post should address the following:
- Discuss whether the available statistics accurately represent the evidence (e.g., can these statistics underreport the actual rates?).
- Describe at least two potential causes of suicide among teens according to the scientific literature.
- Examine at least one feasible solution to the issue of suicide and discuss its effectiveness.
Your initial post must be at least 300 words and use a minimum of one scholarly source located in the Ashford University Library or on Google Scholar that is cited and referenced according to APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center to support your argument.
Guided Response: Review several of your classmates’ posts. Provide a substantive response to at least two of your peers in a minimum of 200 words. Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the content of each post. Be sure that you cite scientific evidence to support your views.
Reference for Chapter:
Shriner, B and Shriner, M. (2014). Essentials of Lifespan Development: A Topical Perspective. Bridgepoint Education: San Diego, CA.
-Chapter 13 discusses the concept of suicide and the developmental influences and consequences
Reference for Article:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2012). Suicide prevention. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/suicide/
- This webpage provides data and statistics on suicide and recommendations for its prevention.
Reference for Video:
Intelecom. (2007). Final chapter [Video file]. Retrieved from http://searchcenter.intelecomonline.net/playClipDirect.aspx?id=4870EEC7664070BB7CF1C3E10B7F5E71FEFB8097684E6A8CA139E8D8377C87908E4BFDC525A67E6160036AB2BD70AFC5
- This video illustrates the topic of death and dying.