SHEILA- UP TO 10/8/23
***** PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL WORK IS AUTHENTIC*****
****** THIS ASSIGNMENT HAS 3 PARTS / PLEASE LABEL EACH PART SEPARATELY WITH REFERENCES WHEN COMPLETED******
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
PART 1- Module 3 DISCUSSION (SHEILA)- Exploring Gender in Communication
Compare and contrast feminine and masculine language use and describe the potential benefits and problems arising from the differences. Make references to your workplace.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: Your initial post should be at least 200 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 1 academic source.
PART 2- Module 3 ASSIGNMENT 1 (SHEILA)- Troublesome Communicative Behaviors
Step 1: Take the Self-Assessment of your conflict management style located in Chapter 5 of your textbook.
· Recall two or three instances in which you enacted troublesome communicative behaviors.
· Identify which types of behaviors you enacted. Which circumstances led you to engage in these behaviors?
· What were the results of these behaviors for you and the other people involved?
· Describe specifically how you could have behaved less defensively.
Step 2: Convert each of the following defense-arousing messages into a defense-reducing statement. In each statement, use descriptive “I” language and unequivocal terms. Create details for the situation as necessary.
· “I sure wish I had someone to help me with this project.”
· “Look—stop asking questions and just get it done.”
· “You may think you know how to handle the situation, but you really don’t have enough experience. I’m the boss, and I know when an assignment is over your head.”
· “What a lame idea. A formal reception with paper plates! I can’t believe you’d even suggest that.”
· “If you want to keep your job, you had better round up 10 new accounts by Monday.”
Step 3: Write your paper
Explore communication and how it’s experienced in the workplace. Discuss a time the information in chapter 5 was relevant to communication in your personal life. How would you perceive or act differently in that situation now that you have the information from chapter 5? How did steps 1 and 2 help you with understanding your own personal style of communication? What are some strategies you plan on utilizing to improve the areas where you have troublesome communicative behaviors?
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: The paper is to be 3 pages in length, current APA style, excluding the title and reference page. Incorporate a minimum of 5 current references (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work.
PART 3- Module 3 ASSIGNMENT 2 (SHEILA)- Asking Questions
There are many ways to ask a question. A good communicator strategizes about the type of question they ask and the type of communication that will result. Become more familiar with the types of questions through the following activity.
Part 1: For each of the following situations, describe whether an open or closed question would be more appropriate. Explain your choices. If you think more than one question is necessary to discover the essential information, list each one.
1. You want to find out whether your boss will support your request to attend a convention in a distant city.
2. A manager wants to know whether a project will exceed its projected budget.
3. An insurance sales representative wants to determine whether a customer has adequate coverage.
4. An employer wants to find out why an applicant has held four jobs in five years.
Part 2: For each of the following situations, write one factual question and one opinion question. Decide which of these is most appropriate for the situation. Then write two secondary questions as follow-ups for the primary question you have chosen.
1. You want to know whether you are justified in asking your boss for a raise, and you decide to question a coworker.
2. A supervisor wants to discover whether an employee’s request for a one-month personal leave of absence to visit a sick parent is essential.
3. You are planning to buy a laptop or a desktop PC. You want to decide whether the laptop computer is worth the extra $250 it will cost.
Part 3: For each of the following direct questions, create an indirect question that could elicit the same information.
1. “How hard a worker are you?” (selection)
2. “Do you agree with my evaluation?” (appraisal)
3. “Does the product have any drawbacks?” (diagnostic)
4. “Are you telling me the real reason you’re leaving?” (exit)
5. “Do you really believe this idea has merit, or are you just going along?” (research)
Part 4: Application – Select a person in your chosen career field (HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER) who plays a role in hiring new employees. Conduct an information-gathering interview to discover the following.
1. What methods are used to identify job candidates?
2. What format is used to interview applicants?
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: In a 5-minute POWERPOINT video, discuss how you chose your questions for the interview. Which questions did you choose, and why? Did the questions elicit the answers you were aiming for? Your references used should be cited in current APA style with support from at least 1 academic source.