Prior to this discussion, you should have:
- Read chapter on Deviance and Crime
- Review lecture notes for Deviance and Crime
- Reviewed the Incarceration by the Numbers section in the Deviance and Crime module
This is a brief discussion, so you are not expected to write as much as you have in your first discussion. Instead, in about a paragraph write about two things.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What are two takeaways that you had after engaging with the website and data?
- Explain why these two takeaways matter in terms of our view of incarceration in the United States. For example, you might explain why these takeaways matter.
Writing a “meaningful” discussion
Remember that meaningful discussions typically have a few components. First, they should cite a variety of the materials available for review or covered in class. This demonstrates your level of engagement with the course content. Second, meaningful discussions go beyond repeating what others have said. Your discussion can include quotes from the sources but they should be primarily made of your own words so you can demonstrate the development of your own sociological perspective and voice. Third, expressing opinions are absolutely fine but they ought to be grounded in some sociological perspective or theory, not just how you feel.
Link to Sociology Book: CH 7
Link Lecture Notes: