The purpose of this activity is to recognize the impact of poverty in the decisions families make and the strategies they use to cope.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Budgeting for one month,
- Go to http://playspent.org/ on your phone or computer.
- Once you are on the page, click on “Continue to Spent”.
- Then click on “prove it accept the challenge”.
- Lastly, click on the job that corresponds with your last name. There will be an option to budget for three types of workers:
(My last name falls under Q-Z so I will have to select the Restaurant Worker option. )
To receive credit for this portion of the activity, you must take a screenshot of the final page and upload it onto Canvas. The final page will either be when you run out of money, or when you make it through the entire month by making tough budgeting decisions.
Coping with poverty and homelessness,
You will watch CBS. (2011). Hard Times Generation. You can find the video in the following link:
Hard times generation: homeless kids
Write at least 1 paragraph (6-8 sentences) to address the following prompts
- How did you make decisions in the budget activity?
- What are some strategies that children and families use to cope with their situation in the news series, Hard times generation?
- Each paragraph must have a thesis/introductory sentence, body sentences that articulate your ideas and provide examples, and a concluding sentence that wraps up your thoughts.
- You must include 1 in-text citation in APA format (it can be from the Hard Times Generation clip, other material assigned this week, or outside sources). You are only required to have one citation total (not 1 citation per paragraph)
- Your writing should be free of spelling and grammatical errors and written in academic language (not informal, conversational language).