The research project requires that you select a disease, syndrome, etc. of interest, which affects a diverse population, and write a descriptive epidemiological analysis of that topic. Descriptive epidemiology is usually the first stage in studying the epidemiology of a disease or syndrome or other conditions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your descriptive analysis will cover:
- Person: Who is affected? (Examples include age, gender, address.)
- Place: Where did the cases occur? (The geographic locations may show clusters or patterns.)
- Time: When did the outbreak occur (date, season, day of week, etc.)?
You may obtain data from multiple sources, such as the National Center for Health Statistics, national, state or local health departments, World Health Organization (WHO), texts, and the Internet. Make sure you cite your sources correctly.
For examples of descriptive epidemiological analysis, please refer to:
- Chapter 7 of your text
- Week 3 of this course
- Example: Chang, A., Lugg, M. M., & Nebedum, A. (1989, February). Injuries among preschool children enrolled in day-care centers. Pediatrics, 83(2), 272–277. doi:1098-4275
- Example: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2013, August 9). Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 62(31), 617–636.
Your paper should:
- Be 6–7 pages in length
- Cite at least 4 scholarly sources
- Include charts where applicable, if it relates to your topic.
- Include patterns or comparisons when necessary or applicable (e.g., comparing a state with a country).
- Evaluate screening programs for early detection of the disease and evaluate the current impacts of public health intervention as it relates to the chosen condition.
- Follow APA format
- Title page
- Headings throughout your paper
- In-text citations and a reference section
Please see below My choice of topic when we were due to choose a topic we were going to write on:Type II DiabetesType II Diabetes