For the Chapter 4 assignment consider the following resources in the context of the powerpoint and text materials:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
1) the definitions at this site for the activities we’re discussing:
https://www.us-cert.gov/ics/content/cyber-threat-source-descriptions#terror (Links to an external site.)
2) the issues and observations described in this article:
https://www.uscybersecurity.net/hacktivist/ (Links to an external site.)
3) a practical examination of the reality of cyberterror and internet-based threats: https://www.mmc.com/insights/publications/2018/nov/global-cyber-terrorism-incidents-on-the-rise.html (Links to an external site.), and
4) a view of a potential cyberwar:
https://www.zdnet.com/article/cyberwar-a-guide-to-the-frightening-future-of-online-conflict/ (Links to an external site.)
The ASSIGNMENT: having considered these resources, in addition to the text, submit an analysis in APA format that answers the following questions:
- Is hacktivism a legitimate form of political protest or criminal activity that should be prosecuted?
- How comfortable are YOU with society’s increasing dependence upon information technology for national security and social and economic stability? (Consider the many ways that society depends on internet-based information and communications.)
- Is cyberterrorism a significant danger that requires preparation and responsive measures or an overblown concern that has no real threat? (Consider how cut off from the world you felt when the last hurricane came through and you lost power and/or internet communications.)
- Will nation-state cyberwarfare capabilities increase or reduce the violence associated with conventional forms of warfare? Will nation-state cyberwarfare actions lead to an actual “shooting war” in the future?
Your submission should be seven or more pages (1 page of cover, 1 page of references, five pages of text with citations to your sources).