Overview: The final project for this course will be the creation of a consulting report on BP plc. The assessment will be a solution-based approach that will apply the elements of the course to a case study. The student will demonstrate levels of attentiveness and responsiveness that leaders of an organization should observe to enhance relationships between an organization and its community. The students will be tasked with applying leadership processes and theories in the development of solutions to a case study. Additionally, this assessment will allow the students to combine theory and practice and apply these concepts to a relevant contemporary situation.
This assessment addresses the following course outcomes:
· Evaluate the levels of attentiveness and responsiveness that leaders of an organization should embody to enhance relationships between the organization and society
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Interpret the health of an organization through the lens of a triple bottom line of people, planet, and profits
· Devise a plan to strategically lead an organization to practice responsible corporate behavior for the purpose of developing optimal stakeholder relationships
· Evaluate the impact of corporate policies and practices on internal and external stakeholders for leading an organization to operate responsibly.
Prompt: Submit an 8–10 pages draft of the analysis of issues BP Plc. This information will be used as part of the final consulting report. Within the analysis of issues, address the following:
II. Analysis of Issues
For this section of the assessment, you will provide your analysis of BP Plc corporate responsibility including people, planet, and profit.
A. Personnel (people):
1. Identify the major stakeholders that may have been adversely affected by the behaviors of the company through the lens of personnel relationships. Consider: What specifically has occurred to demonstrate corporate irresponsibility?
2. Analyze current practices in terms of personnel relations occurring in the selected company. How do they compare to current research on corporate responsibility in terms of personnel relations? Consider giving examples of exemplary practices in the industry or related industry to support your claims.
B. Environmental (planet):
1. Analyze the environmental impacts affected by the policies of the company. How has this company made a positive impact on the environment? Consider giving examples of exemplary practices in the industry or related industry.
2. Based on your analysis of the company’s impact on the environment, conclude how this company has demonstrated corporate irresponsibility. Consider justifying your response using supporting examples.
3. Predict the short- and long-term effects of the current environmental policies upon the major stakeholders. How can improvement in this area benefit the stakeholders? Consider providing some examples of companies that have tried to benefit the stakeholders through a responsible environmental policy.
C. Sound Business Practices (profit):
1. Determine what stakeholders are affected when the company remains profitable. How is this balanced with responsible corporate behavior? Think about using anti-exemplar illustrations of other companies in which the pursuit of profit has overshadowed responsible corporate behavior to support your claims.
Attach a (1–2) page outline of the recommendations and implementation for BP Plc, the outline can contain bullet points, listed information, or short phrases that indicate areas you will expand upon in the submission.
For this section of the assessment, you will provide, and outline of the recommendations based on your analysis of BP Plc corporate responsibility including people, planet, and profit.
A. People: Recommend how BP Plc could improve on its relationships with stakeholders, such as employees or customers.
B. Planet: Recommend ways BP Plc could improve in terms of its environmental policies.
C. Profit: Point out some adjustments that BP Plc might make to remain or become profitable.
For this section of the assessment, you will provide deeper insight on how BP Plc could implement your recommendations and promote a culture of responsible corporate behavior.
A. People: Illustrate specific steps needed to be taken by the company to implement your recommendations to improve relationships with stakeholders. What are the possible sacrifices that might need to be made? Think about how implementing these steps could help change the culture of the company.
B. Planet: Illustrate immediate steps needed to be taken by the company to implement your recommendations on how to improve in terms of its environmental policies. Consider justifying your response by including how implementing these steps can help change the culture of the company.
C. Profit: Illustrate specific steps necessary for the company to remain profitable. How would taking these steps promote a culture of responsible corporate behavior? Consider the cost of the implementation of the changes versus the overall benefit of the changes.
Guidelines for Submission: submit 8–10 pages draft of the Analysis of Issues section, and a 1- to 2-page outline of the Recommendations and Implementation sections, with double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, one-inch margins, and citations in APA format.