Module 2 – Case
The Socio-Political Compass
In the Module 2 Case, we will examine the innumerable ways in which the external environment affects the choice of strategy (creation of threats and opportunities), and how the external environment affects an organization’s chosen strategic direction.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Let’s begin here by reading the following case concerning McCain Foods (note that there are several pages of text):
How McCain responds to changes in the external environment. (2014). The Times 100. Retrieved on April 29, 2014, from http://businesscasestudies.co.uk/mccain-foods/how-mccain-responds-to-changes-in-the-external-environment/introduction.html#axzz2m8hClVBn
Using the Times 100 article above, write a 6- to 7-page paper in which you address the following:
After performing some current research on McKain Foods, use SLEPT analysis to critically assess the external environment of McCain Foods, and determine the extent to which the company’s strategies should be adjusted pursuant to the opportunities and/or threats presenting themselves in the external environment.
Keys to the Assignment
In a 6- to 7-page paper, do the following:
- Describe the strategy (or strategies) followed by McCain Foods.
- Using the SLEPT analysis tool, assess the external environment of McCain Foods. What are the major opportunities and threats presented by the external environment? Be sure that you include the most current information about the company.
- Based on your research and informed analysis, should McCain Foods consider making any adjustments to the strategy or strategies you described above? Why or why not? Provide clear, rational support for your answer.
- How effectively do you believe McCain Foods has been in responding to changes in the external environment? Discuss.
- Be sure to use a minimum of three library sources in support of your answers!