journal is based on your assigned reading for the week (background
reading in your textbook as well as the PDF provided below and the
assigned New Testament reading from Galatians 1-3).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Click on Journal to see your writing prompt.
Journal is due by Wednesday (4/24).
are an opportunity for you to process some of what you are learning and
demonstrate to me that you are engaged with the reading material.
- Please post a minimum 300 word response to each prompt by midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on April 24.
- Your journal entries should be organized, well-written and proofread. Think of each of these as a very brief paper. You
will lose points for misspelled words, lack of capitalization,
repetition of ideas, lack of organization, or lack of minimum word
- Note: Your journals should not be personal faith statements but should demonstrate engagement with a biblical text in an academic setting. In other words, do not tell me what you believe; tell me what you are learning.
your background reading has explained, in Paul’s letters to the
Galatians, Paul is trying to convince the Galatian community that they
do not need to be circumcised or follow the Mosaic Law in order to be
saved. They only need to have faith in Christ. The tone and passion of
the letter indicate how serious Paul was about this central message of
- Review the PDF in your Assigned Reading: “Some Rhetorical/Persuasive Strategies Used by Paul.”
- Select four of the ten strategies
listed there, and find an example of each one in Galatians 1-3 (find
link to Gal. 1-3 in your Assigned Reading as well).
- Name the strategy, quote the verse from Galatians, and include the citation (chapter and verse, e.g., Gal. 2:5).
remark on whether or not you find Paul’s letter to the Galatians (at
least the excerpt you are reading!) to be a persuasive document. Why or
comment on Paul’s writing style and the tone of the letter. Do you find
it easy to follow or difficult? Do you feel encouraged or discouraged
from reading more of Paul’s writings?
(This is Paul’s letter to the Galatians, chapters 1, 2, and 3)
For the reading use this link below and read chapter 10 and 15