just complete the slides 7 and 9. i will put the link for the power point just to show you how is look like. please dont put anything there. yoiu can use different power point.
this is the rubric.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Perform preliminary research on the assigned ethical dilemma. Determines the ethical principles that apply to each position, possible conflicts in principles, and components of the ANA For this assignment, you will examine an ethical dilemma that exists in pediatric settings with a group of your peers. You will examine the ethical dilemma from two opposing positions and consider ethical principles, conflict between the principles and the relationship ofthe ANA Code of Ethics in relation to both positions. You will develop a plan for resolving the issue (for patient, familyand the nurse). You will then present this information in class and engage in a debate format activity presentingarguments, grounded in scholarly sources, for both positions of your group’s dilemma.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Provides individualized comprehensive care for children and their families with multiple health problems in institutions and community care settings from birth through adolescence. (PO 1)
CO4: Utilizes critical thinking skills in clinical decision making in the care of pediatric clients. (PO 4)
CO6: Utilizes legal, ethical, and professional standards and principles, including those related to child abuse recognition and intervention, as a basis for pediatric clinical decision‐making. (PO 6)
CO8: Utilize research findings as a basis for nursing interventions in pediatric healthcare settings and the development of professional nursing papers. (PO 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
Total points possible: 100 points
Preparing the assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
1. An ethical dilemma with opposing positions will be assigned by your instructor.
2. Although you may not agree with arguing one of the positions, reflect on your views, respect other perspectives, and examine scholarly literature on both positions.
3. Form a group of 5‐6 students.
• Your group must meet in person a minimum of one time with all members present.
4. Each student assumes an assigned role:
• Introduces the dilemma and the team’s roles to the class. Asks the three (3) questions alternately to each position for debate. Present a plan for resolving the issue (for patient, family and the nurse). Fields questions from the class and moderates the debate. Presents concluding remarks after the debate.
b. Researcher (2)
• Code of Ethics that apply using three (3) Provisions. Disseminate information found to all group members.
c. Pro Debater
• In the debate activity, the pro debater argues for the “pro” side of the dilemma, and presents why this is the correct or most ethical position. Uses the applicable ethical principles, the ANA Code of Ethics, and scholarly source to support the position. Discusses possible outcomes of position being argued.
d. Con Debater
• In the debate activity, the con debater presents on the “con” side of the dilemma, and presents why this is the correct or most ethical position. Uses the applicable ethical principles, the ANA Code of Ethics, and scholarly source to support the position. Discusses possible outcomes of position being argued.
• Prepares and submits the Power Point Presentation on behalf of the group. Assist with making notesfor debaters and assists them during the debate as needed.
5. Make a case for both positions and possible outcomes by formulating three (3) questions the moderator will ask each side, focusing on the ANA Code of Ethics to support the nurse’s perspective as caring for thepatient.
6. Practice as a group how you will debate this issue, with your moderator serving as the leader.
7. Make notes for your reference during the debate and be prepared to defend your positions based on yourresearch.
8. The debate will last no more than 15 minutes.
9. Use this link to take you directly to the ANA website to access the Code of Ethics. When prompted, choose “No I do not wish to register at this time. Take me to the Code now.” https://www.nursingworld.org/practice‐policy/nursing‐ excellence/ethics/code‐of‐ethics‐for‐nurses/
10. For APA, formatting, or grammar assistance visit the Writing Center.
11. Include the following sections (detailed criteria listed below and in the Grading Rubric):
a. Professionalism ‐5 points/5%
• Team members are professionally dressed.
• Team is introduced and assigned roles are identified prior to starting the debate.
• Full group participation.
• Respectful and professional language is used throughout the debate.
• Adhere to the time limit of 15 minutes for the debate.
b. Debate ‐50 points/50%
• The opposing positions debated are made clear.
• Argue the issue from a Pro position crediting a supporting scholarly source.
• Argue the issue from a Con position crediting a supporting scholarly source.
• Present arguments in a clear and articulate manner.
• Use appropriate ethical principle(s) to support each position.
• Consider which, if any, ethical principles are in conflict with the opposing positions.
• Use three (3) provisions of the ANA Code of Ethics that apply to the ethical dilemma.
• Discuss possible outcomes of each position being argued.
• Present a plan for resolving the issue (for patient, family and the nurse).
c. Post‐Debate Discussion ‐ 15 points/15%
• Elicit questions from the class after the debate.
• Respond professionally and appropriately to questions from the class and faculty.
• Include concluding remarks by moderator.
d. PowerPoint ‐ 20 points/20%
• Title page
• Brief description of the assigned case
• Ethical dilemma the case presents
• Ethical principles that relate to the case
• Three (3) provisions from the ANA code of Ethics that apply to the case
• Possible outcomes
• Plan for resolving the dilemma
• At least 2 sources used to support work
• Reference page
• 10‐12 slides (Do not exceed 12 slides)
e. APA Style and Organization ‐ 10 points/10%
• References are submitted with assignment.
• Uses current APA format and is free of errors.
• Grammar and mechanics are free of errors.
• At least three (3) scholarly, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook, are provided.
• One (1) scholarly source must be the ANA Code of Ethics and each position must be supported by a scholarly source.