It is widely known that Knowledge Management Systems are the key to success in multinational companies. Imagine that you are a Vice President of a company that is ramping up to go global. Please choose one (1) of the following industries for the purposes
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Assignment 3: Keys to Success in Multinational Companies
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
It is widely known that Knowledge Management Systems are the key to
success in multinational companies. Imagine that you are a Vice
President of a company that is ramping up to go global.
Please choose one (1) of the following industries for the purposes of this assignment:
- Fashion / Apparel
- Consumer electronics, electronic components
- Medical supplies or equipment
- Bins, totes, crates, material handling
- Food products
- Drug products
- Children’s products, clothing, toys, etc.
Note: You may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
You have been tasked with designing a comprehensive best practices
policy list geared towards managing existing knowledge and any new
knowledge as it becomes viable. The best practices policy should include
a compiled task list that will help your company to handle not only the
regular issues of conducting business within a foreign country, but
also the unexpected events (e.g., earthquakes, demonstrations, bomb
threats, etc.), no matter the country or countries into which you will
be expanding. The policy list should also take any unique challenges
that your company may face into consideration.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Design a comprehensive best practices policy list that includes policies on the following:
- Sanitation (e.g., hand washing, toilet facilities, etc.)
- Eating and / or drinking (e.g., at desks, on the company
grounds, inside in the manufacturing area at designated tables / areas,
- Conflict resolution (e.g., settling disputes, mediation and / or arbitration with designated mediator on staff, etc.)
- In-house teams (e.g., minimum meeting times, scribes, appointed leaders, etc.)
- Online team (e.g., 24-hour coverage on phone due to time differences, etc.)
- Security (e.g., leaving doors open, locks, key return policy for departing workers, etc.)
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Determine the key benefits of creating such policies. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Speculate on the major ramifications if such policies are not created. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Predict the significant ways in which the best practices policy
that you created will contribute towards the long-term sustainability of
the company. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine whether or not your best practices policy would provide a
competitive advantage over other international companies. Provide one
(1) example of a company using a best practices policy to support your
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this
assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12),
with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow
APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate strategic management and participation strategies in a global business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in global management.
- Write clearly and concisely about global management using proper writing mechanics.