Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Biological Science Theories[WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 3, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read the Biological Basis of Determinants of HealthLinks to an external site. article.
In this assignment you are being asked to focus on biological determinants. While not nearly as common as social determinants, biological determinants can also have a major impact on an individual’s quality of life. In the directions below you are being asked to pair a biological determinant with a selected biological theory from the Instructor Guidance to demonstrate several real-world public health actions. This paper is divided into two parts.
In Part 1 of this paper,
- Choose one of the biological science theories identified in the Week 3 Instructor Guidance (Evolution, Cell, or Genetics).
- Choose one biological determinant of health.
Compare and contrast the relationship between a selected social determinant and the relationship between the biological determinant of health chosen here along with the biological science theory you chose from the Instructor Guidance.
- Use scholarly and government research to support your evaluation.
- Refer to the Compare & Contrast Assignments Links to an external site.resource for additional help.
Write an evaluation that considers and addresses the following:
- Explain the social implications of using biological science theories in public health interventions. What are the pros and cons? Use scholarly and government research to support your reasoning.
- Assess the relationship between biological science theories and biological determinants of health. Use scholarly research to support your reasoning.
- Explain how biological science theories are used at the national and international levels to address determinants of health (e.g., social, behavioral). Use scholarly research to support your reasoning.
Compare and contrast a real-world biological determinants public health intervention and a real-world social determinants public health intervention.
- Assess the outcomes and the overall impact.
- Determine why biological determinants are often overlooked in public health interventions when compared with social determinants.
How do the interventions vary?
- Consider social and political factors that may be involved.
The Biological Science Theories paper
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resource.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. and Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
Must use at least six government or scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view Quick and Easy Library ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.