Follow the steps below to explore a problem through reading and writing –Choose one of the problem scenarios as a topic choice for your paper.Scenario 1: You have worked at your company for 11 years
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Follow the steps below to explore a problem through reading and writing –
- Choose one of the problem scenarios as a topic choice for your paper.
: You have worked at your company for 11 years. You have returned to college to earn a Bachelor’s degree in order to increase your chances for a promotion. You are nearly finished with your degree; a supervisor’s position in a competing company becomes available in another state. The start date is in two weeks, during your final exam period for your courses. The position offers a $15,000 per year salary increase, a car allowance, and relocation expenses. Your former supervisor works for the company and is recommending you for the position based on your outstanding job performance; if you want the job, it’s yours. All of the other supervisors at this level in the company have Master’s degrees. You know that you would be expected to earn your Bachelor’s degree and continue on to a Master’s degree. Your present company offers tuition reimbursement, but the new company does not.
: Your child comes home from school with an assignment sheet for a school project. He/she is very excited about the project and begins work immediately, doing research on the Internet and gathering materials. You read over the assignment sheet and notice that your child is not including all of the required items in the project, and you have some ideas for how to improve the quality of the presentation. You recently read an article in a parenting magazine about the importance of a child developing responsibility for his/her own learning. You recall the many ways in which your parents took over your school projects. You, on the other hand, want to encourage your child’s confidence in his/her ability to complete a project independently. The next day, you are at the grocery store when you see a parent of a student in your child’s class. That parent has spent over $30 in supplies for the science project and is taking a day off of work to put the pieces of the project together.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
: You have two jobs—one during the week from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, and one on Saturday from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. You are taking two classes—one that meets from 6:00 to 10:00 pm, and one class online. You have two kids—one who plays soccer, and one who is in band. You have two elderly parents who no longer drive. You have two siblings—one who lives two miles away, and one who lives in another state. You have two papers due in your classes the same week that one of your children has a soccer tournament, and the other child has a band concert. You are coaching the soccer team, and you are in charge of fundraising for the band. You have a goal to complete your degree in two years. Your doctor tells you that your blood pressure, your cholesterol, and your weight are too high and recommends several medications that cost you nearly $200 per month after your insurance co-pay.
: You are a sales representative for a company that encourages staff to log time in the field and away from the office. You are expected to begin and end your day at the office. You notice that each day when you arrive and return another co-worker is already there, and you wonder whether this person spends most of his/her time at the office. At your weekly sales meeting, you are informed of your co-workers’ outstanding sales performance. You suspect that this co-worker is spending more time flattering the boss instead of working leads in the field, and as a result is getting the best client referrals. Your own sales numbers have steadily decreased since this other sales representative was hired.
- Read the following articles:
“Einstein’s Secret to Amazing Problem Solving (and 10 Specific Ways You Can Use It)”, located at
“The Problem Solving Process,” located at
“Interpersonal Conflict and Effective Communication”, located at
- Select one of the step-by-step problem-solving strategies outlined in one of the articles. Using the chosen problem-solving strategy as a model, brainstorm ideas for each of the steps to develop a solution to the problem scenario you chose.
Synthesizing and Writing:
Now that you have developed a solution to the problem by pre-writing about your ideas –
Write a paper in which you
- Analyze the problem scenario that you have chosen, and organize your analysis into sections that correlate to each step in the selected problem-solving strategy.
- Apply each step within the selected problem-solving strategy to related elements of the scenario that you have chosen.
- Suggest alternative actions to the situation(s) within the scenario that correspond to each of the steps within the selected problem-solving strategy.
- Speculate on whether or not the same problem-solving strategy would be effective if used with different scenarios.
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing
- Using complete sentences, write at least one paragraph for each of 1-4 above.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
- After you have reread and edited your paragraphs, add an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
Your introductory paragraph should begin with a broad sentence such as “
There are many approaches to solving any problems…
” or “
When faced with a problem I find…
” Then continue with more specific information about what you will discuss in your paper.
- Your concluding paragraph should summarize your problem-solving approach and reflect on the things you have learned from the assignment.
- Submit the completed work to your SLP Dropbox by the module due date.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements
- The paper should be typed and double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA Style format.