Prepare an eight- to ten- page paper in which you utilize information from the course, textbook, and at least four scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook) to analyze one of the approved motion pictures listed below, in detail. Specifically:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Explain the sociological processes you observe using two or more of the theories or models incorporated in this course (conflict theory, critical theory, cultural theory, feminist theory, gender classification model, etc.).
- Discuss character examples of the personal functions of sports, including: a) feelings of belongingness and social identification; b) the socially acceptable outlet for hostile and aggressive feelings; and c) the role sport plays as a cultural element to bring meaning to life.
- Examine aspects of extra-sport character behavior and determine if such behaviors support sports stereotypes and/or deviant characteristics (i.e., deviant over conformity or deviant under conformity). Be sure to use examples of specific behaviors and situations that you observed to help describe and explain (theoretically) how these social functions were demonstrated.
As you watch the film, take notes concerning not only what you saw and heard, but also anything that occurred that was surprising to you. These notes will help you when you write your paper in terms of remembering specific instances and/or insights concerning fan behavior. In your field notes, be sure to include such things as the time, date, location, and environment in which you viewed the film. Attach your field notes to your Final Paper.
Approved motion pictures (you may request instructor approval if you would like to choose a different film*):
- Mary Kom
- Remember the Titans
- Million Dollar Baby
- Raging Bull
- On the Ropes
- The Fighter
- The Sandlot
- The Blind Side
- Hoop Dreams
- Million Dollar Arm
- Any Given Sunday
- The Program
- The Best of Men
- Bull Durham
*Special note: Sports comedies are not generally appropriate for this assignment.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference page) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page that includes:
- Title of Paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook).
- Must use APA style to document all sources, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include, on the final page, a reference page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.