Ensuring That Meetings Lead to Action, communications homework help
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Option 1: Ensuring That Meetings Lead to Action
Think back to a recent meeting you attended that was not effective. A good meeting planner can overcome this inertia by performing four steps: (Barrett, 2014, pp. 303-304)
- Assign specific tasks to specific people.
- Review all actions and responsibilities at the end of the meeting.
- Provide a meeting summary with assigned deliverables included.
- Follow up on action items in a reasonable time.
Explain each of these steps and describe how they could be implemented to improve the meeting’s effectiveness. Be sure to clearly articulate the strategy to resolve the conflict.
Here are some questions to consider when writing your paper: (not required)
- Who called the meeting?
- What was it about?
- Was there an agenda?
- Was the purpose of the meeting accomplished?
- After the meeting, were minutes distributed that outlined tasks and deadlines?
- During the meeting, what role did you play all or most of the time (leader, scribe, facilitator, etc.)?
- What could have been done to make the meeting more effective?
Refer to this week’s readings for more information on the four steps. Your paper should be three to four pages in length, conform to CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements, and included appropriate references. The CSU-Global library is a great place to locate these resources. Refer to the rubric for grading details.