EDU 620 W2 Meeting Individual Student needs with Technologly (Assignment), writing homework help
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Games in the Classroom
Recall that one of the major benefits of using technology in the classroom is the ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of every student in every lesson. Just as each student grows and develops at different rates, research tells us that students also learn in different ways. Jane McGonagall is an expert at differentiation through the use of games, which is sometimes described as a form of gamification. As featured in her engaging TED Talk (2010), Gaming can make a better world; she discusses gamification in classroom contexts.
Create your assignment using the content and written communication instructions below. Use the Grading Rubric to review your assignment before submission to ensure you have met the distinguished performance for each of the components described below. For additional assistance, review the Week Two Instructor Guidance page and, if needed, contact the instructor for further clarifications using the “Ask Your Instructor” discussion forum.
Compose a formal written response that addresses the following;
- Gamification Influences (1 point): Evaluate the potential influences gamification can have on teaching and learning.
- Gamification and Motivation (1 point): Evaluate the science behind learner motivation and its connection with gamification.
- Differentiation Support (2 points): Analyze how gamifying supports differentiated ways to teach and learn.
- Technologies (1 point): Discuss how specific technologies and gamification are being used to enhance teaching and learning and motivate learners.
Written Communication Instructions
- Length Requirement (1 point): Five to seven pages including the title and references pages.
- Syntax and Mechanics (1 point): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
- Source Requirement (1 point): Utilize at least three sources in addition to TED (2010) video. All sources on the references page need to be used and cited correctly within the body of the assignment.
- APA Formatting (1 point): Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment. Refer to the Ashford University Writing Center for assistance with APA style and formatting or your copy of the APA Style Manual.