Disorders of the Sensory and Motor Systems [WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 4] Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of your course text. Select a disorder of the sensor
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Disorders of the Sensory and Motor Systems [WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 of your course text.
Select a disorder of the sensory system from the list below to discuss in your initial post. Before your initial post, review your peers’ chosen disorders to make sure you choose a different disorder to discuss. If you would like to focus on a disorder that is not on the list, please get prior approval from your instructor.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Select a disorder of the sensory system from this list:
- Brown-Sequard Syndrome
- Capgras Syndrome
- Alexia Without Agraphia
- Central Achromatopsia
- Anton’s Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Apperceptive Agnosia
- Childhood Dyslexia
- Conductive Aphasia
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation
- Cortical Deafness
- Associative Agnosia
- Frontal Lobe Syndrome
- Gerstmann’s Syndrome
- Balint’s Syndrome
- Hemispatial Neglect
- Huntington’s Chorea
- Receptive Amusia
- Kluver-Bucy Syndrome
- Spina Bifida
- Object Anomia
- Tactile Agnosia
- Phantom Limb Pain
- Temporal Lobe Personality
- Thalamic Pain Syndrome
- Pure Word Deafness
- Tourette’s Syndrome
Conduct research and locate two peer-reviewed articles in addition to the course text to support your statements.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
In your post,
- Explain the symptoms of the disorder.
- Describe how the diagnosis is made (e.g., findings on brain imaging, laboratory testing, etc.).
- Discuss the neurobiological basis for the disorder (e.g., CNS structures involved and neurotransmitters).
- Describe the functional deficits associated with the disorder including how these may impact the patient’s ability to carry out activities of daily living (e.g., occupational, social, recreational).
Cite your sources in APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center.