Overview: It’s both interesting and important to know how a company approaches communication and how it’s part of their culture. As you join/rejoin the workforce, you’ll learn about how companies are organized and what they expect.
Please scan the following information about CEO, Jeff Bezos:
CEO and Founder, Amazon.com
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
REAL TIME NET WORTH: $153.4B as of 8/20/18
- Amazon’s chief Jeff Bezos is the first person with a net worth surpassing $150 billion in the 3 decades that Forbes has tracked the richest Americans.
- He owns 16% of e-commerce colossus Amazon, which he founded in a garage in Seattle in 1994.
- Bezos attended Princeton and worked at a hedge fund before quitting to sell books online.
- His other passion is space travel: His aerospace company, Blue Origin, is developing a reusable rocket that Bezos says will carry passengers.
- Bezos purchased The Washington Post in 2013 for $250 million. (Forbes.com)
Please read the following article about how Jeff Bezos uses writing, memos, and meeting ideas in his daily business:
In a short discussion of how Bezos approaches meetings and writing, provide the following in a class discussion:
1. One paragraph summary of what this article is about. Use the title, writer, and basic details of what this article is telling us. This is just the facts, not your opinion.
2. Provide one paragraph of your opinion on how Bezos uses writing, communication, and meetings in his company’s corporate culture. What do you admire or dislike about his approach?
3. Provide at least two responses to classmates’ opinions on the Bezos/Amazon approach to office/business communication.