For this assignment, you are to pick one of the following museums and spend some time exploring its site. Be sure to read about the museum’s history, mission statement, and search the collection.
Option 1: The Victoria & Albert Museum, London (Links to an external site.)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Option 2: The Louvre, Paris (Links to an external site.) (Also a big site. Go to Collection & Lourve Palace > Search the Collection to find your object).
Option 3: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY (Links to an external site.)
Answer the following questions in paragraph format:
- What museum did you pick?
- Where is it located?
- What type of art does it feature?
- Who established this museum and why?
Once you’ve obtained some background information on the museum, pick one object (painting, sculpture, decorative art object) from the collection and write an analysis of it. Be sure to discuss the formal elements as well as contextual history and information of your chosen object. You want the reader to have a full understanding of what the object is, what it is about, and the context in which it was created.
Format your paper as follows:
- At the top of the page, include an image of the object you will be analyzing. Be sure to include a proper object caption (just like the label on the museum’s site and as seen in your text).
- Your first paragraph should answer the above general questions about the museum.
- Your second paragraph should contain the analysis of your object.
- Include footnotes and a bibliography for any citations at the end.
- Your paper needs to be a minimum of 400 words (one page double spaced).
- You must include an image of the object you are discussing.
- Your paper must be grammatically correct and checked for typos. Points will be deducted for all grammatical errors/typos.
- Only scholarly sources are permitted. (Review course policy on sources here).
- Any sources used, direct quotes or paraphrases, must be properly cited in the Chicago Manual Style.
- Only WORD and PDF files are accepted. Please convert your files prior to uploading them to the submission folder. If I can’t open your assignment, I can’t grade it.
- Your paper must be submitted by the deadline via Canvas. Any papers submitted via email will not be accepted.