Supporting Document 2: Resistance Risk Mitigation Intervention Table
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Due Week 6 and worth 100 points
Using the same scenario from Assignment 1, you realize that transitioning your organization to a learning environment may not be as easy as first imagined. You have encountered several resistance issues relating to the culture, psychological learning, organization structure, workforce commitment, and dissemination of knowledge. You decide to gather a decision-making team to assist in identifying the high or moderate resistance risks that may stop or slow down the process of this transition. The decision-making team must also recommend some mitigation intervention to lower the identified resistance risks to either moderate or low. For example, a high resistance risk can become moderate or low and moderate resistance risk can become low.
Your final product will be a table that identifies five (5) issues related to the organization’s culture, psychological learning, organization structure, workforce commitment, and dissemination of knowledge. You must also provide a description of each resistance issue and rate the resistance risk before the mitigation intervention as either High (H) or Moderate (M). Then, you must provide a description of your team’s mitigation intervention and determine the resistance risk’s downgrade from High (H) to Moderate (M) or Low (L) and / or Moderate (M) to Low (L) after the mitigation intervention.
Create a table in which you:
- Determine one (1) challenge in the culture that may cause a major resistance to the transition from individual learning to organizational learning. Next, recommend one (1) mitigation intervention to downgrade the identified resistance in your table. Provide a rationale for your selected mitigation intervention.
- Predict one (1) psychological learning threat that may result from the transition and then provide one (1) mitigation intervention to downgrade the identified resistance in your table. Provide a rationale for your selected mitigation intervention.
- Assess the current organization structure as it relates to the free flow of knowledge then specify one (1) issue that may cause a major resistance to the transition. Provide one (1) mitigation intervention to downgrade the identified resistance in your table. Provide a rationale for your selected mitigation intervention.
- Critique the workforce commitment to this transition and predict one (1) major resistance you may encounter. Next, provide a mitigation intervention to downgrade the identified resistance in your table. Provide a rationale for your selected mitigation intervention.
- Propose one (1) dissemination of knowledge issue with the recipients’ ability to absorb the knowledge and comprehend it into action (i.e., motivating the recipient to share knowledge). Next, provide one (1) mitigation intervention to downgrade the identified resistance in your table. Provide a rationale for your selected mitigation intervention.
- Use the Resistance Risk Mitigation Intervention Table template located here. You may also use Microsoft Word or other equivalent software to create a table in an equivalent format for this supporting document.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine the processes of how organizations learn and organizational barriers that impact the process.
- Examine the concepts of personal mastery and mental models and their related importance in a learning organization.
- Examine the driving forces related to organizational learning.
- Evaluate management behaviors that influence organizational learning.
- Analyze the key components of a learning organization and the role of a chief learning officer.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in developing a learning organization.
- Write clearly and concisely about developing a learning organization using proper writing mechanic.
ASSIGNMENT 1 SCENARIO:
Suppose that your organization, or an organization with which you are familiar, is dealing with a major issue in transitioning individual learning (e.g., sharing knowledge, training programs, working as a team, experiences, procedures, processes, etc.) into organizational learning. The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) has asked you, as the Vice President of Human Resources, to assist with the issue and to help the organization transition its culture to this new way of learning. Before you provide any recommendations to address the issue, you must first research the root of the problem and the resistance to this transition.