Understanding the functionality of basic Linux systems and the ease in which network attacks can be performed provides students with a foundational understanding of network security and its importance.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Complete the following:
- View the “ARP Poison Lab” video, located in the Class Resources.
- Conduct a MAC Spoof and provide a screenshot.
- Conduct an ARP poisoning attack, change your MAC address, and provide a screenshot of the MAC address change command functioning.
- Provide screenshots of the Windows ARP table, highlight the MAC address of the router and Kali Machine, the ARP spoofing command actively working, and the changed ARP address highlighting the duplicated MAC address.
Write a 500- to 1000-word lab report and include a title page, table of contents, overview, and summary. Address the following in the summary:
- Provide your current MAC address and your IP address.
- Provide the name and IP address of a website (not GCU.edu).
- Define a MAC address, ARP, DNS, and spoofing in your own words.
- Explain why conducting an attack on your roommate or place of work without their permission is illegal or unethical.
- Explain why conducting an ARP attack on your virtual machine is legal.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.