27) How many double stranded DNA molecules compose each chromosome in one the cells of Figure C?
28) How do the cells resulting from one of the two alignments in Figure Agenetically compare to the cells resulting from the other alignment in Figure A?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________29) What is separating in meiosis I? In meiosis II? What is separating in mitosis? Is meiosis I or meiosis II more like mitosis?
_______________ _______________ _______________ ________________
30) Which round of division (meiosis I or II) should be called “the reduction division” and why?
31) Assuming no crossing-over, how many different gametes are possible from a diploid cell with 6 chromosomes (3 homologous pairs)? From the 46 chromosomes (23 homologous pairs) of a human diploid cell? (Hint:How many different sets consisting of one member of each of the 23 homologous pairs are possible? Think about possible alignments.)
32) Again assuming no crossing-over, how many genetically different children are theoretically possible from the mating between one man and one woman?
33) If a diploid cell in G1 has 18 chromosomes, how ma5ny chromosomes will each progeny cell have immediately after meiosis I and cytokinesis?
34) In the diploid cell mentioned in question 33, how many chromosomes would be present in prophase I? How many double stranded DNA molecules would there be? How many bivalents (or tetrads) would be visible?
__________ __________ __________
35) In the diploid cell mentioned in question 33, how many chromosomes would be present in anaphase I? How many double stranded DNA molecules?
36) In each of the progeny cells, how many chromosomes would be present in prophase II? How many double stranded DNA molecules would there be?
37) In each of the progeny cells, how many chromosomes would be present in anaphase II? How many double stranded DNA molecules?
38) In each of the progeny cells, how many chromosomes would be present immediately after meiosis II and cytokinesis? How many double stranded DNA molecules?