2-1 Discussion: Development of the Social SelfOur ability to integrate the information we receive from others and interact within social contexts involves skills that are acquired throughout our development. In this module, you are exploring the emergence of social behavior during childhood and how it contributes to the development of the social self.
First, title your post “Development of the Social Self.”
For your initial post, review the videos A Class Divided and Social Development: Crash Course Sociology #13. Then respond to the following:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Based on the content in “A Class Divided,” are children immune to the attitudes and behaviors of other group members? Explain.
- In what ways might important developmental milestones influence social development in childhood?
- Based on psychological evidence, should antisocial behavior in adulthood be primarily blamed on impaired socialization as a child? If so, what types of interventions might help to remediate these impairments? If not, what do you think leads to adult antisocial behavior?
- Can you teach children tolerance and inclusiveness if they are already indoctrinated by societal intolerance? What if the children in “A Class Divided” had never had a follow-up class explaining brown eyes as an indicator of the smart people?
How does the concept of development of the social self apply to any of the following programmatic course themes:
- Social justice
- Emotional intelligence
- Career connections
Remember to respond to two peers while being respectful of and sensitive to their viewpoints. Consider advancing the discussion in the following ways:
- Post an article, video, or visual related to the development of the social self to reinforce a peer’s idea or challenge them to see their point from a different perspective.
- Paraphrase something from the original post. Then consider asking a question or sharing your personal experience.
To complete this assignment, review the Psychology Discussion Rubric.
please see attachment thank you and video
on Social Development: Crash Course Sociology #13 and A Class Divided (full documentary) | FRONTLINE on YouTube thank you