1. Define the concept of critical thinking and describe how it is best used for understanding diverse situations and problem resolution. 2. Explain the concept of Gardner’s multiple int
Place your order today and enjoy professional academic writing services—From simple class assignments to dissertations. Give us a chance to impress you.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
1. Define the concept of critical thinking and describe how it is best used for understanding diverse situations and problem resolution.
2. Explain the concept of Gardner’s multiple intelligence theory and Kolb’s learning theory, relative to effectively managing organizational change.
3. Describe the individual levels in the evolution of “self” and self-consiciousness as described by Ken Wilber and the influence on a person’s management philosophy and personal behavior
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
4. Discuss the traditional Platonic Values and compare them to the key political/social values identified by James O’Toole that influence public policy development, institutional management, and individual thinking.
5. Define and contrast the ethical theories of teleology, deontology, and natural law and relate each to one common case illustrating their influence in health services.
6. Discuss the Taoist nature of wu-we and yin-yang energy and how an understanding of these concepts enhances management effectiveness.
7. Identify the distinguishing characteristics of the primary domains of organizational and management theory including: classical, neoclassical, systems, human relations, power and politics, chaos, complexity, and critical theory. Identify at least three theorists in each domain and note their principal contributions to that domain.
8. Describe systems theory, rational positivism, and post-modernism as paradoxes of modern management.
9. Describe Tannenbaum & Schmidt’s leadership styles continuum.
10. Define management, identify its five traditional functions as described by Longest, & Darr
11. Identify and define the leadership competencies and their domains developed by the National Center for Healthcare Leadership and what distinguishes HSO management from management practice in other industries.
12. Identify the types of leadership and how each is situationally relevant
13. Describe how management style and organizational structure influence the life-cycle of an organization and the conditions created by the emergence of a new “J-curve” thus creating a duel-core organization.
Discuss the nature of the punctuated equilibrium curve of the organizational life-cycle (J1) and its “duel-core” nature (with the emergence of J2).
14. Compare the “formal” to the “informal organization” and explain the importance of each relative to issues of structure, responsibility, power, and authority.
15. Identify the key components of Longest’s anthropological management system’s model for HSOs.
16. Identify and discuss the key issues of organizational quality management
17. Identify and describe the five core disciplines a metanoic (learning) organization must have to be effective and the organizational learning disabilities identified by Senge that detract from a learning environment.
18. Diagram the communication process model and identify the primary facilitators and barriers to effective communication.
19. Describe the key components of Strategic Management and the directional strategies pertaining to the Values, Vision, Mission, Goals, Strategies, and Action Plans relative to the SWOT Analysis. Explain their relationship to one another.
20. Describe the Strategy Choice Model and its key elements considered as part of marketing analysis and making strategic planning decisions
21. Describe the elements and purpose of the Value Chain
22. Define and describe five key theories of motivation and the relative merits and disadvantages of each.
23. Describe the primary methods for initiating and sustaining organizational change including: Lewin’s Change model and Kotter’s Change Management Process:
24. Discuss the process of managing innovation, and organizational planed change and their relationship to environmental change and quality management.
25. Describe the following diagnostic tools and models of analysis and explain their utility: Lewin’s Force Field, Ishikawa Fish Bone (Cause-and-Effect) Analysis (and “Mirror Fishbone), Perato Analysis, Gantt Charting, Scatter Diagraming, PEC Matrix
26. Define and demonstrate how each of the following Financial Cost Analysis Methods can be applied to an organization issue: • Return-on-Investment Analysis
• Cost-Benefit Analysis
• Cost-Effectiveness Analysis
• Net Present Value Analysis
27. Demonstrate the ability to conduct and present an applied or action research project drawing upon the most appropriate management and organizational theories and models to inform and effectively enable the process